We strive to establish a caring community, whose attitudes and values are built on mutual trust and respect for all. Our intention is that every member of the school community feels valued and respected, and that each person is treated fairly and well. We promote an effective learning environment, so that everyone can feel happy, safe and secure. We endeavour to show compassion, understanding, good manners and conduct in all that we do so that Woodside School and all the people within it are proud of where they belong.
Our aim is to provide an enriched and secure learning environment in which every child can achieve their potential across all areas of school life: academic, creative, sporting and social.
To achieve the above, we aim to:
- raise achievement, setting high standards in learning and teaching
- provide the best possible education, ensuring all children make good progress
- ensure that all pupils experience high quality and purposeful teaching and learning
- actively involve children and their parents in their learning
- focus on developing literacy and numeracy skills and to balance the remaining teaching and learning time across the range of subjects, so that our children will be confident in a wide range of skills and abilities
- develop a school which relates to and respects the immediate environment, the wider community and the world beyond. To achieve this we emphasise outdoor learning; a commitment to promoting environmental awareness; links with local schools and our development of international cultural awareness
Our Values are:
Friendship, Respect, Determination, Self-belief, Tolerance and Courage